Friday, 10 June 2011

I've solved the pancake mystery!


Just in case you haven't read my last post, Gabriel made me pancakes for breakfast the other day and when I asked him for the recipe he actually said he had improvised... Now, is it just me or is that strange for a guy that does not cook all too often? :)
I would not stop asking, though, and so he tried to remember how he made those delicious little pancakes.
And here's all you need:

- 200g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- milk

1. Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the beaten egg and the vanilla sugar, add a pinch of salt.
2. Combine everything in a bowl and gradually add milk until the dough has a creamy consistency.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and bake the pancakes for 1 or 2 minutes on each side.

I found the recipe surprisingly simple, so it's great if you want to prepare a quick and delicious breakfast. You can eat these pancakes the American way with maple syrup or, what I like to do sometimes, with Nutella. Trust me, it's heavenly!

Enjoy your next pancakey breakfast! :)

xx Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment