Sunday, 12 June 2011

Couscous Salad


Today I've got a lovely light summer recipe for you. I tried this for the first time today and I was pleasantly surprised. I cannot tell you exactly how much couscous I used because there was only a bit left in the bag, but I guess it was about 150-200g. And I also have to tell you that it turned out to be a little more than I'd thought it would... Couscous does absorb a lot of water, so make sure you don't take too much!
I proportioned the masses of the other ingredients and it turned out just fine. It's a delicious salad for summer, very fresh and light!

Ingredients (makes about 6 servings):
- ca. 150-200g couscous
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 1 onion 
- 180g feta cheese

for the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- pepper and salt

Directions:
1. Put the couscous into a bowl and gradually add hot water. Make sure you don't add too much, the couscous should just be covered with a thin layer of water, it will all be absorbed. Wait a few minutes and then check if it's soft but still with a very slight bite.
3. Dice the tomatoes, the onion, the spring onion and the feta cheese and add everything to the bowl.
4. Now it's time to make the dressing. Mix the olive oil, the lemon juice (you can also use concentrate), the water, the honey and the mustard and stir well. Press the garlic and add it to the mixture. Add about 1/2 tsp of each salt and pepper. Stir again.
5. Now you can add the dressing to the salad and mix everything up well. 
Done!

I hope you like it as much as I did!

Do you know any fun summer salad recipes?

xx Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment