Saturday, 14 May 2011

Strawberry Crumble



Today I am showing you another sweet recipe. Well, what can I say, I just have a sweet tooth! For spring I really love fruity pies and tartes, so this strawberry crumble is exactly what I like! I made some eggnog whipped cream to go with the crumble which was also delicious!
I always find it hard to find a pie recipe which is nice for the summer, too, because I actually prefer ice cream when it's hot... but this strawberry cruble actually works really well!
Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
- 350g strawberries
- 1 orange
- 130g sugar
- 90g butter
- 150g flour
- 1 tbsp starch

- 150ml cream
- 4 tbsp eggnog
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar

Directions:
1. Dice the strawberries. Squeeze the orange.
2. Cook the orange juice, 40g sugar and the starch and stir until it has a creamy consistency.
3. Now, add the strawberries and simmer for 5 minutes, then take the pot off the heat.
4. Meanwhile, knead the flour, the remaining sugar and the butter until you have nice crumbles. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
5. Grease the baking dishes, fill them with the strawberry mix and add the crumbles.
6. Put in the oven for 30 minutes on 180°C.
Meanwhile, whip the cream, add the eggnog and the vanilla sugar and gently stir.
Done!

I hope you like this recipe!

xx Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment