Saturday, 21 May 2011
Spaghetti With Tomatoes And Mozzarella
This is one of my favourite recipes ever because a) it is super simple, b) it takes 10 minutes to make, and c) it is super delicious!
I love tomatoes and mozzarella and in combination with the pasta it is to die for! This is great when you don't have a lot of time or you just don't feel like standing in the kitchen for hours (which, honestly, I don't feel like very often...) Sooo, let's get startet!
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 250g spaghetti
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 50ml cream
- parmesan (depending on how much you like)
- olive oil
- basil
- salt and pepper
Directions:
1. Start with cooking the spaghetti (they are going to take 8-10 minutes until they're al dente)
2. Meanwhile, dice the onion and the garlic. Heat some olive oil in a pot and roast the onion and the garlic until the onions are slightly translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, then add the cream, grate the parmesan and add that, too. You can use however much you like, but personally I find it tastes better with a bit more parmesan.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Now you can mix the pasta with the sauce in a bowl and add little chunks of mozzarella. Leave it for a minute so it can melt into the sauce a little.
Sprinkle a few basil leaves over the pasta and you're done!
When I was younger I made this almost every day for a few months just because it is such an easy dish and it tastes amazing even though it's a super quick recipe. Basically, this is how I started cooking! Now that I've improved my skills a little bit, I often go for something a little more challenging, but I still love this recipe... Gabriel absolutely loves it, too, so I make this a lot when he comes over for dinner.
Anyways, you should definitely try it out, I hope you like it!
What was the first dish you made when you first started cooking yourself?
xoxo Allison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment